Sports for Immigrants
Immigrants are welcome to use all services organized by the Sports Services Centre. All Turku residents can also participate in multicultural activities. Gym, swimming and ball sports are offered seperately to men and women.
Participation at half price for immigrants who have lived in Turku for less than three years (i.e. are covered by the Act on the Integration of Immigrants), or are participating in KOTO activities.
Spring season: Mon 7 Hebruary – Sun 22 May
Children and young people
Multicultural sports and exercise clubsExercise clubs for girls
- 10–16-year-olds on Wednesdays 16–18 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Tuesdays For Girls! 16-17.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Tuesdays 17.30-19 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Wednesdays 18-20 Pallivahan koulu, Paltankatu 4
- on Thursday 19-21 Aurajoen koulu,
- on Saturdays 18-20 Aunelan palloiluhalli, Opintie 4
- on Sundays 18-20 Hannunniitun koulu,Virmuntie 3
Meant for 1–12-year-olds with their parents, on Sundays 17.00–19.00
Adults and familieslatin dance for women
- on Tuesdays at 17.15-18.15 Yhdessä yhdistys Runosmäki, Munterinkatu 15 (Piiparintori). Free and you don´t need to sign up. Lisätiedot: puh. 040 188 1261, email@example.com
- Women on Fridays: 18.2., 25.2., 18.3., 25.3., 1.4., 22.4., 29.4. ja 6.5. 13.00–15.00, Kupittaa bowling hall, Kupittankuja 1
- on Tuesdays Sep 3 -Dec 3 at 17-18.15 Pansion school, Pernontie 27
- on Wednesdays Heb 2–May 4 2022 at 19–21, Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Thursdays : Sep 9 – Dec 9 2021 at 14-15.30, Kupittaa ball hall, Lemminkäisenkatu 32
- on Thursdays: September 9- December 9 2021 at 20-22, Pääskyvuoren koulu yläsali, Talvitie 10
- on Thursdays: Sep 9– Dec 9 at 14-15.30 2019, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
- on Tuesdays 13.30–15.00, Kupittaa sports hall charter gym, Tahkokuja 5
- on Thursdays 15.30-17.00, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
Prices: the price list of Sports Services is belowSwimming
Petrelius swimming hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays Sep 4–Dec 18, 16.00–18.30
- Men on Sundays Sep 5– Dec 19, 16.00–18.30
Please note! Normal swimming hall entry fees and series tickets/wristbands are in use during men’s and women’s time slots.
Life guards are of the same sex as the group.
Petrelius Swimmin Hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays: October 16- December 18, 16.00–16.45 (The course is full)
- Men on Sundays: October 17–December 19, 16.00-16.45
The 70€ course fee should be paid during the first time.
Sign up by October 11 : Minna Inkinen
5 times cycling course
Place: At Clay court between Kupittaa Paviljong and Kupittaa Sports Hall.
Sign up or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org