Rentable School Facilities
Organizations, communities, companies and private persons can rent school facilities outside teaching hours (mostly weekday evenings and weekends).
The costs for renting school facilities can be found on the application form. The principal of the school may also allow the use of school facilities for free or for 20% discount if the criteria mentioned on the application form are met. The renter must also pay for a supervisor if the principal demands that a supervisor needs to be present.
Fill in the electronic rent application form and send it to the principal of the school you wish to rent. You may send the form as an attachment via email or by printing and mailing it.
- Fill the application form carefully because the invoice will be based on the reported hours.
- Send the application form to the principal of the school you wish to rent.
- The responsibilities of the renter are:
- to see to the maintenance of order
- to make sure that no outsiders get inside or are left inside the school
- to turn off the lights, close the windows and lock the doors
- to compensate for any school property that was broken during use
- to return the key after the renting period
Facilities of early childhood education
Day care unit facilities that can be rented for other than Early Childhood Education Service Area use are rented or assigned for temporary use through the day care unit manager outside the unit’s opening hours or when the unit’s activities do not get disturbed.
Facilities of comprehensive schools and upper secondary schools
- Contact the principal of the school to rent: ordinary classrooms, auditorium, music room, lunch room, hallways and school yard
- Under the principal’s discretion the following facilities can also be rented according to the special rules and regulations of the school: woodwork room, handicraft room and teaching kitchen
The costs for renting school facilities can be found listed on the rent application form. The renter must also pay for a supervisor if the principal demands that a supervisor (e.g. school caretaker) needs to be present.
The main rule is that school gyms are rented trough the Sports Services Centre.
If a school gym is not part of the Sports Services Centre booking system, apply for a shift through the school’s principal. In that case the costs are determined by the list on the rent application form for school facilities.
If the school gym is part of the Sports Services Centre booking system but the renting is for other purposes than a sports or physical exercise event, the booking should be conducted by contacting the school’s principal directly.
If the renter also books other school facilities and the booked period continues after 22.00, the booking should similarly be conducted by contacting the school.
The responsibilities of the renter are:
- to tidy up the facilities before and after the event
- to clean the facilities according to the instructions given by the school