A vaccination event will be organised at Varissuo health station on Wednesday 8 September and Thursday 9 September 2021. On both days, residents of Turku aged 12 or over will be vaccinated. Only the first doses of coronavirus vaccine will be administered during the events.
When you come to a pop-up:
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask both upon arrival and inside.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15-30 minutes after vaccination.
- Wednesday 8 September from 8:45 to 15:00 at Varissuo health station (address Nisse Kavon katu 3)
- Thursday 9 September from 8:45 to 15:00 at Varissuo health station (address Nisse Kavon katu 3)
The event is free of charge and does not require an appointment. At the events, those wishing to get the vaccine are given a queue number on the bases of which the vaccine will be administered. Pleased be prepared to wait outside.
General information about the pop up vaccinations
- Everyone will be offered the BioNTech-Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine or the Moderna Spikevax vaccine. These are also the vaccines currently in use in Finland that are conditionally authorised for use in people 12 years of age or older. Both vaccines are mRNA vaccines.
- If you come to a pop-up vaccination event, and you already have an appointment elsewhere, for example in Turku Fair Center (Messukeskus) or Kontti, please cancel your appointment via electronic health services (turku.fi/eterveyspalvelut) or the corona vaccination helpline (tel. 02 266 0159). Likewise, if you have signed up for the vaccination waiting list in otanrokotteen.turku.fi but have not yet received an appointment, go remove your registration. This way we can avoid needless appointments and can offer your vaccination appointment to someone else that needs it.